I tend to take the view that some users will always manage to infect Windows without even seeming
to try.  Others will find their system gets infected despite elaborate precautions that no other
sane person would bother with.

It's more a case of setting things up so that after it does get infected you have some way of
dealing with it.  Sometimes it's a simple little infection other times it might need a complete
reinstall.

Taking reasonable precautions makes sense but too much serious hampers productivity and becomes
more of a problem than an actual infection would be.

Just my 2 cents