Ah, for Gnu&Linux i am not sure.  Can you try to reinstall?  There is probably somewhere in the
settings that allows you to set this.

Personally i find it's the default.  What happens when you try just double-clicking on an MS
document?

Whenever i have installed LibreOffice in Gnu&Linux i think it assumes i want it to open MS
documents too.  Maybe if i had Caligra/KOffice, OpenOffice, Gnome Office or any of the other
choices then i might have been given an option but i just don't know.  I only ever have those
things on briefly while trying something out or on machines i don't use very often because of their
low spec.  AbiWord & Gnumeric are amazing at fitting onto tiny drives.