I don't know why people don't do that sort of thing tbh.  The
Tools - Options
route is typical only for Windows.  In Gnu&Linux almost everything does
Edit - Preferences
instead.  I don't see why we couldn't do all 3 ways on Macs and just the 2 ways on both Windows and
Gnu&Linux.

Perhaps someone could request it as a "feature request", maybe someone already has?