Yes, the 3.6.4 is due to be released sometime between 3rd Dec - 9th December.  I'm not on the devs
list so i have no idea whether this one is likely to be earlier or later within that time-frame.
Here's the schedule
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Release_Plan

Note that the 3.7.x branch is being renamed 4.0.x branch.  Apache are releasing a branch of AOO
numbered 4.0.x but for most things it wont be as advanced as LibreOffice yet.  The one things they
might have is better Accessibility for screen-readers and such but everything else is more
developed in LO.

@ Chris
We normally have 2 branches going at the same time.  One stable branch and one with shiny new
features.  'Obviously' adding shiny new features and improving things dramatically runs a risk of
introducing unexpected problems.  So the 'older' branch which doesn't have all the newly added
features focuses on just solving bug-reports and streamlining things a bit.  Most of those fixes
will be "ported" to the newer branch.

It's about the same with most software.  MicroSoft have "Bug-fix Tuesday" or "Patch Tuesday" (or
something like that) but they eventually wrap those up into "Service Packs".  Many corporate users
avoid their newer releases until MS have released Service Pack 1.  With LibreOffice the equivalent
of "service pack number" is the 3rd digit.  So 3.6.3 shows it's the 3.6.x branch and has reached
the equivalent of Service Pack 3.  So whereas with MS Office you install the program and then hunt
around for service packs with LibreOffice you get the service pack wrapped up in the initial
install.  So, the older branch has generally got as far as "Service Pack 4" when the new branch is
released.

It's always good to try out the newest release of the newest branch just to see how well it works,
what new features are there, see if MS compatibility has improved and generally play around and ask
the list questions to flag upo issues that might only be happening on your particular unique
hardware.  Chances are that other people may also suffer the same problem later and if we find out
what the new problems are early on then we can try to find fixes.

However, many of us have machines that need to be dependable with minimal IT support so for those
it's best to stick with the older branch once it's reached at least "Service Pack 4".  It is
possible to have 2 versions of LO on one machine but it takes a bit of figuring out so some of us
constantly race to install the newest branches newest release as soon as it comes out, then play
around with it, post bug-reports and if it's usable stick with it.  If not then just go back to the
older branch again.

It's free to install on as many machines as you like as many times as you like and you can keep the
installer as long as you like so it's fairly easy to reinstall.

With older software reinstalling gets the program "back to factory defaults" but with OpenSource
software, all the settings are stored in a "User Profile" so that a reinstall or upgrade picks up
on all your previous settings.  Which is brilliant and saves a LOT of time when you  upgrade often
but confuses people that are only used to older software.  It does also make it easier to "get back
to factory defaults" by just renaming the User Profile so that LO can't find it and creates a new
one.  It's a much faster way of decluttering and clearing out all the odd Extensions and settings
that might be causing weird things to happen.

On 2012-11-30 13:28, Chris Carlson wrote:
I find it really frustrating that all of you are opening the document fine.  Of course you all
seem to be using Linux or LO version 3.6.  On Nov 25, I downloaded the latest version, and it
was 3.5.7.  Silly me to think that this is the latest version.

So, I installed 3.6.3.2 (build 58f22d5), and it opened for me, too. I had all the column issues
you had, but like you said, it's easy to fix.

Apparently, the problem I had has been fixed.

Thanks,
Chris

On 11/29/2012 7:05 PM, Jay Lozier wrote:
On 11/29/2012 11:45 AM, Chris Carlson wrote:
Okay, I must be brain-dead.  I misread "nabble" as "nobble."

Looking at nabble, it's way more than I need if anyone want's to look at the document with
which I'm having trouble.  It can be downloaded from http://beachware.org/Dec12.doc.

Thanks, all, for the support.
Chris

Chris

I had no problems opening the document us LO Version 3.6.3.2 (Build ID: 58f22d5) on Linux Mint.
I noticed the pagination may be slightly off but otherwise pictures looked good and apparently
in their proper places. The text did not have any funny characters or gibberish.

Jay
<snip>