---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: e-letter <inpost@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 08:49:34 +0100
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Table Breaks in Writer
To: Robert Burnett <rob@artl.org.uk>
Cc: users@global.libreoffice.org

On 07/09/2013, Robert Burnett <rob@artl.org.uk> wrote:

Problem, I use writer and have a 2 page document that holds a table on each
page.  As time passes the size of the table on page one changes so that rows
end up in page two.  When this happens I do a table split and everything is
fine.

By default, tables are created with the function 'split table' activated.

The problem arises when I attempt to remove the gap/break between the
tables, this occurs when I need to join the tables on page two.  The same
problem albeit on page one occurs when I reduce the rows in the table on
page one, the break rises from page two, so that I end up with a gap between
two tables on the bottom of page one.  The table merge is greyed out, no
other action works so I have to close the document, open the document in
microsoft and all I do is, place the cursor in the gap and hit cut, gap gone
and the two tables are now joined, on either page.

Replication: table 1 created with 40 rows, table 2 created with 20
rows. With the view of non-printed characters  (menu
bar|view|non-printing charachers (ΒΆ)), the paragraph break was removed
from between the two tables. Then both tables were selected (ctrl+a)
and merged (menu bar|table|merge tables). The navigator (f5) confirms
that table 1 merges with table 2 and only table 2 remains in the
document.

How can I manage this in Libreoffice as it is embarrassing to have to close
one software program and open another for such a simple task when other
people are observing as it indicates a) I don't know what I am doing or b)
libreoffice has a software issue.

Below is an example: copy the source code below and save to your
computer as an .fodt file (e.g. tabletest.fodt), the open the document
using LO. You should be able to follow the instructions above to
achieve a merged table.

The mailing list did not accept the source code, which has been posted
at 'pastebin': http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=SHyuZyCY