The people answering questions at the AskBot site need more people to join in with answering
questions.  If you  just lurk on this list because something about it bugs you then it might well
be because you prefer the way AskBot is set-up.  It's a much more modern approach with more
flexibility and looks prettier (but don't be fooled.  It does have a lot of power under the bonnet)

To Robinson ...

There is going to be another more traditional forum soon.  It might be useful for the Ask
contributors to hijack/create a part of that to help coordinate and build-up their Answerers Team.
This mailing list might be another approach if people can sign-up without receiving any emails and
then just create threads in Nabble.  This approach would bring answerers from both parts together
on a more frequent basis.

Alternatively maybe AskBot can be tweaked into providing a more useful place within itself?  or
perhaps you could set-up a mailing list purely for answerers at AskBot or maybe include people from
this list and the forum.   There's always Facebook and stuff too that are allegedly quite good at
helping build communities

Good luck and regards form
Tom :)