Or, people have upgraded, have had problems, and are too disappointed to keep reporting them.

For example, as I reported before, LO 3.6.6.2 properly loads the style list in the format it was in on the last close out. For me that is "hierarchical," my preferred way of displaying styles.

LO 4.0 went back to the "old" behavior of defaulting to another view setting.

LO 4.0.4 has really strange behavior. When a document loads with the style list, the notation at the bottom of the list *says* it's hierarchical (just as I wanted), but the actual list is not arranged hierarchically; it is arranged alphabetically. Admittedly, it's a minor irritation, but one that I didn't have with LO 3.6

As we now know, upgrades sometimes contain bug regressions. That being the case, an upgrade to LO 4 should politely leave LO 3.6 alone, so those of us who prefer the older version wouldn't have to reinstall it. AOO has done this; TDF should be able to as well.

Virgil

-----Original Message----- From: Tom Davies
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2013 7:58 AM
To: dsliesse@liessefamily.net ; users@global.libreoffice.org
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] LO 4 install deletes 3.6

Hi :)
'Fortunate' like 99.99% of people! Upgrading from 3.x.x to 4.0.x produced a startling lack of bump in traffic on this list, except old die-hards remarking on how well it went. The 4.1.0-beta gave more of a bump but still nothing like the start of a new branch used to produce here.

If we take the ancient figure of 60milion users (am i remembering correctly?) world-wide and that this is the international list and gets emails from Japan, India, Iran, even New Zealand and all around the globe i think we can safely say that
1.  not so many are upgrading and/or
2. not many are having troubles of course there is another possiblity but LO usage seems to be growing rapidly, not dwindling!