The questions seem about right.

Your question 1 was mainly to find out if it is written as a macro or is just a clever worksheet or
if it is more than a macro.  I get the feeling it's somethign clever in Java or maybe even C++ or
something (C++ would be fantastic).

He doesn't seem to have protected his ownership with any sort of copyright yet.  He does seem to be
a good chap that is just glad to see his code being used.  So, he might well be keen to protect his
work by using the GPL so that some company can't swoop in and grab his work for their own profit
and cut him out from being able to use any of that code elsewhere in other stuff he is working on.
There are other licenses he might prefer.  Creative Commons has a calculator for documentation or
art or music but i don't think they have good ones for coding.

The questions are better the way you asked them because it sounds less threatening and gives him
chance to give short answers.  We don't need to push him in any direction because Extensions are
independent of the main code and his could have any license he likes.

Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 22:59:54 +0100
From: tomdavies04@yahoo.co.uk
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] How to grab web data into libre office calc ?    Or Addons to
grab specific web data into libre calc
To: toki.kantoor@gmail.com; users@global.libreoffice.org

Hi :)
If that is usable then you can probably replace your current version of LibreOffice with
OpenOffice without too many problems.