Hi Michael,

yes, it is correct that IAccessible2 and ATK were both devised with the Open document format model
in mind, with the implementation in Firefox following closely behind, introducing some web specific
modifications into the specifications for both platforms.

So, yes, as Michael W. suggested, for the near term, and probably some years to come, it is a good
strategy to fix bugs in the IAccessible2 and ATK layers to get them up to speed. And as I said,
even Impress can be made to work, at least with NVDA, by making sure to collaborate with the NVDA
project so they support it when it is ready.

It is, however, a good strategy to also keep an eye on UIA, at least on the side, and also watch
what Mozilla do with Firefox in the longer term with regards to an UIA implementation. Just to not
get hit out of the blue with suddenly IAccessible2 support twindling within assistive technologies
because everyone else has moved to UIA.

Marco