If you can use MS Office to do some final proof-reading then you are unlikely to have any problems.

We have been assuming that is not possible and that would make the final outcome uncertain.  Being
able to quickly scroll through before sending it out into the world kinda eliminates that
uncertainty.

If you can keep all your 'originals' in Odt format and then at the end convert to Doc format then
you should find that there are no surprises.

Virgil seems to be talking about a very specific set of styles or method of using styles.  He is
talking about  changing styles (such as changing the font of "text body") on different pages within
the same document.  If you need to do that it might be worth creating duplicates of the styles and
then modifying the duplicates?  I'm not sure how to deal with that but Virgil has probably found a
work-around if needed.

I would keep copies of photos/images/art/logos near the original Odts just in case you do run into
problems.  LO does have an extremely rare intermittent bug that is difficult to pin down but seems
to be getting rarer and rarer as code clean-up goes on.  You know that you can rename files from
.Odt or .DocX to .Zip and then double-click to see the Xml coding inside along with folders for
various things such as images.  Sometimes it can be a neat way to fix problems but it's a bit
risky.  The Xml tags and such are very different in the 2 formats so just renaming .Odt to .DocX
might create fairly serious problems.  Stick with the "Save As ...".  the Doc format doesn't open
in that way and doesn't hold images in an image format which is another reason i suggest keeping a
copy of images nearby.

Also i have sometimes found that mysterious things happen during the course of a Word document.  So
to save myself a lot of time i tend to start with a fresh new Odt and then use
Ctrl Shift v
to paste in "unformatted text" and then apply styles (and maybe modfied the styles after to watch
the mod ripple through the document).  Occasionally i have wanted to "just do something quickly"
and then been frustrated by some weird bit of insane MS formatting that just keeps throwing up
problems until i relent and do the "start again from scratch" approach which has then typically
taken just a few minutes even if the problem seemed intractable.