I think corruption is a lot rarer than might seem from these lists.  This list is available all
around the world and people of all skill levels post here.  So we often get questions from people
that have absolutely no experience of running OpenSource things on their system and that seems to
be the vast majority of people that first approach these lists.  (or they might have used Firefox
and sometimes Thunderbird without realising they are OpenSource too).

Of the upwards of 60 million users using LO we have had just a few score questions involving a
corrupted User Profile.  Making about 0.0002% of users.  So the odds are about 99.9998% that you
wont have a problem.  If you are that unlucky then you already know how to fix it easily.  Also you
already know how to create a back-up before running into trouble.