[ANN] LibreOffice 3.4.4 RC2 available

Hi *,

for 3.4.4 rc2, we're now uploading builds to a public (but
non-mirrored - so don't spread news too widely!) place, as soon as
they're available. Grab them here:

http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/pre-releases/

If you've a bit of time, please give them a try & report *critical*
bugs not yet in bugzilla here, so we can incorporate them into the
release notes. Please note that it takes approximately 24 hours to
populate the mirrors, so that's about the time we have to collect
feedback.

The list of fixed bugs in this release is here:

http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/pre-releases/src/bugfixes-libreoffice-3-4-4-release-3.4.4.2.log

So playing with the areas touched there also greatly appreciated - and
validation that those bugs are really fixed.

Thanks a lot for your help,

-- Thorsten

Hi Thorsten, *,

Thorsten Behrens schrieb:

Hi *,

for 3.4.4 rc2, we're now uploading builds to a public (but
non-mirrored

[...]

The list of fixed bugs in this release is here:

http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/pre-releases/src/bugfixes-libreoffice-3-4-4-release-3.4.4.2.log

So playing with the areas touched there also greatly appreciated - and
validation that those bugs are really fixed.

tried basics in (de-)
- writer
- calc
- base (MySQL-DB)
without any probs.

One minor flaw in base:
When opening a table by double-click it doesn't stay opened -- you have to right-click and "open".

Best,
Heinz

Hi Thorsten, *,

Thorsten Behrens schrieb:
> Hi *,
>
> for 3.4.4 rc2, we're now uploading builds to a public (but
> non-mirrored
[...]
> The list of fixed bugs in this release is here:
>
> http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/pre-releases/src/bugfixes-libreoffice-3-4-4-release-3.4.4.2.log
>
> So playing with the areas touched there also greatly appreciated - and
> validation that those bugs are really fixed.

tried basics in (de-)
- writer
- calc
- base (MySQL-DB)
without any probs.

One minor flaw in base:
When opening a table by double-click it doesn't stay opened -- you
have to right-click and "open".

Running Ubuntu 10.10 (AMD64), Gnome - no problem opening a table with
dbl-click? (only checked for embedded DB and SQLite w/ODBC)

Hi Drew, *,

drew schrieb:

Thorsten Behrens schrieb:

for 3.4.4 rc2, we're now uploading builds to a public
[...]

tried basics in (de-)
- writer
- calc
- base (MySQL-DB)
without any probs.

One minor flaw in base:
When opening a table by double-click it doesn't stay opened -- you
have to right-click and "open".

Running Ubuntu 10.10 (AMD64), Gnome - no problem opening a table with
dbl-click? (only checked for embedded DB and SQLite w/ODBC)

running Debian testing (AMD64), KDE 4.6.5, MySQL Connector.
When dbl-clicking table opens and closes at once.
Right-click and "open" works fine.

Heinz

Hello Heinz,

drew schrieb:
>> tried basics in (de-)
>> - writer
>> - calc
>> - base (MySQL-DB)
>> without any probs.
>>
>> One minor flaw in base:
>> When opening a table by double-click it doesn't stay opened -- you
>> have to right-click and "open".
> Running Ubuntu 10.10 (AMD64), Gnome - no problem opening a table with
> dbl-click? (only checked for embedded DB and SQLite w/ODBC)

running Debian testing (AMD64), KDE 4.6.5, MySQL Connector.
When dbl-clicking table opens and closes at once.
Right-click and "open" works fine.

Great catch!

I wonder if it is something new in 3.4.4 or if it was already in 3.4.3
or other earlier releases.

Also, I wonder if it happens only with the MySQL connector (3rd party
exstension?) or if you see it also with other database drivers.

Anyway, please, report it into bugzilla.

Thanks for testing and feedback.

Best Regards,
Petr

Hi Peter, *,

Petr Mladek schrieb:

Hello Heinz,

drew schrieb:

tried basics in (de-)
- writer
- calc
- base (MySQL-DB)
without any probs.

One minor flaw in base:
When opening a table by double-click it doesn't stay opened -- you
have to right-click and "open".

Running Ubuntu 10.10 (AMD64), Gnome - no problem opening a table with
dbl-click? (only checked for embedded DB and SQLite w/ODBC)

running Debian testing (AMD64), KDE 4.6.5, MySQL Connector.
When dbl-clicking table opens and closes at once.
Right-click and "open" works fine.

Great catch!

I wonder if it is something new in 3.4.4 or if it was already in 3.4.3
or other earlier releases.

didn'thave this issue in 3.4.3 -- but in earlier releases.

Also, I wonder if it happens only with the MySQL connector (3rd party
exstension?) or if you see it also with other database drivers.

I'm using MySQL connector "eternally". Tried ODBC with early OOo without great success...
MySQL connector now: 1.0.1

Anyway, please, report it into bugzilla.

Will do it later on.

Thanks for testing and feedback.

Welcome! :slight_smile:

Best,
Heinz

Heinz W. Simoneit píše v Pá 04. 11. 2011 v 08:27 +0100:

Petr Mladek schrieb:
> I wonder if it is something new in 3.4.4 or if it was already in 3.4.3
> or other earlier releases.

didn'thave this issue in 3.4.3 -- but in earlier releases.

I am a bit mixed. Did it work in 3.4.3? Was it broken in an earlier
version? What was the earlier version?

It sounds strange if it worked in 3.4.3, was broken in older versions
and got broken again in 3.4.4.

> Also, I wonder if it happens only with the MySQL connector (3rd party
> exstension?) or if you see it also with other database drivers.

I'm using MySQL connector "eternally". Tried ODBC with early OOo
without great success...
MySQL connector now: 1.0.1

I see :frowning:

> Anyway, please, report it into bugzilla.

Will do it later on.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best Regards,
Petr

Hi Petr (sic!), *,

Petr Mladek schrieb:

I wonder if it is something new in 3.4.4 or if it was already in 3.4.3
or other earlier releases.

didn'thave this issue in 3.4.3 -- but in earlier releases.

I am a bit mixed. Did it work in 3.4.3? Was it broken in an earlier
version? What was the earlier version?

It sounds strange if it worked in 3.4.3, was broken in older versions
and got broken again in 3.4.4.

sorry! :slight_smile:
It worked in 3.4.3.

Before that I tried 3.3. and some versions out of the Debian-repo.
One of them was broken too - i don't exactly remember which one. :-[

Best,
Heinz