I'm not sure if there is an incorrect way of getting drawings from Draw into Writer.  There are
probably a whole bunch of different ways for different requirements.  I think it's usually a case
of keep using 1 that works until you fancy a change or find a better way to do what you want.

I've never pasted from Draw into Writer.  I've pasted Pngs, Jpgs, Gifs from external apps but none
from Draw.  So far everything i have done in Draw has been able to stay in there for best effect.