Actually the Reply-To: header is passed along by the list server and thus it is honored. The
question is, "What happens to posts that lack a Reply-To: header?" I am also unsure whether
multiple Reply-To: headers are supported by the eMail RFC.

To implement my new procedure I added a Reply-To: address to the unique identity that I use for
posts to this list. I believe that most mail clients support multiple identities each of which can
default to a different combination of addressing headers (e.g. To:, CC:, BCC:, From:, and Reply-To:
). They also generally support a unique signature block for each identity (e.g. my amateur radio
call sign or an account number at a business does not belong in signatures on this list but may be
essential in some other eMail I send).

It would be nice if all mailing lists adhered to a common standard in this but "nice" has nothing
to with the world as it exists. It would eliminate a lot of misaddressed replies. The fact that
there are so many posts to this list that begin with some variant of, "oops I sent my reply to the
wrong place," attests to the fact that this list is out of step with many other lists. Those who
established the current policy had a reason so that's the way it is. I'm grudgingly accepting it.

To the extent that solutions to problems are given, I would like to always see them shared on the
list. Rants about how LO differs from MSO are indeed a problem. Maybe a list and wiki that are
dedicated to the philosophy behind the differences between the open (LO, AOO, OOo, etc) and
proprietary (MSO, KSO, etc.) office suites would take some of the pressure off of this list. (?)

--
Jim