I've no idea why it happened.  I don't think anyone else has reported
anything similar yet.  Generally it's worth keeping back-ups whatever
program you are using.

I tend to add a "version number" to the end of files and occasionally
increase that number so that i can always go back to an earlier
version (just in case i stuff up or need something from an earlier
version).  I try to keep it simple so i get file-names such as
Diwali-Poster-2013-v1
Diwali-Poster-2013-v2
Also i tend to keep artwork, logos, and old versions in a sub-folder
near the document jic everything goes horribly wrong.  Occasionally i
go through and just delete all those sub-folders (sometimes quickly
checking through them first jic there is something interesting lurking
away in there (but my OS makes that really easy))

Tim (Kracked Press) idea of doing such frequent saves and back-ups
doesn't suit me at all!  If i set the option it's for around 20-30
mins or even longer but usually i try to switch that off and just
remember to do my own frequent saves.  We are all different though and
what suits me doesn't suit everyone!  Diversity breeds serendipity.

On 10 February 2014 19:41, Kracked_P_P---webmaster
<webmaster@krackedpress.com> wrote:

You could always turn on the "back up" option.
Tools > Options > Load/Save > General

"Always create a backup copy"

Then make the "Save AutoRecovery information every" to be 1 or 2 minutes.

Then there is the "Automatically save the document too" option [yes it
states "too"]

On 02/10/2014 02:31 PM, M Gillespie wrote:

I may be out of my depth here
but in Windows 7
if you right click the file name
it shows an option "Restore Previous Versions"

i've never used it
but that looks promising to me

good luck

From: Carole Edwards Caruso <carolec@stny.rr.com>
Date: Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 12:16 PM
Subject: [libreoffice-users] Part of File is Missing
To: users@global.libreoffice.org

I had a 26 page file of 61 KB. I saved the file. When I went to open it
again, the first page was blank, the second page was there, and the third
page was a blank. Nothing more was there.

My computer shows that the file is still there and is 61KB.

Is the file hiding somewhere? Is there anything I can do to recover it?

I am using Libreoffice ver. 4.1.4.2 and Windows 7-64bit.

Thanks.
Carole

deleted