Weird.  So it's really a fonts problem by the sounds of it.  I thought it was either an Impress
problem or a styles one.

If it's just that the fonts are not in the right place then hopefully Tim @ Kracked-Press can do
his magic.

From: anne-ology <laginnis@gmail.com>
To: "Dan" <elderdanlewis@gmail.com>
Cc: users@global.libreoffice.org
Date: Wednesday, 25 July, 2012, 16:15

        Thanks, very nicely done,
           but this too does not answer my question.

        If they had a choice of font in that initial opening, I think that
would be great;
           no matter how many slides I start with - choosing the style,
including the font I want for this particular file, whenever I add text to
another slide, it does not remember what I've been using so I have to
'select all', then choose the font & color.

        If, as noted in your presentation, you're serious re. wanting
comments, I'd be glad to do some editing then send it back to you;
           just let me know.

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 9:39 PM, Dan <elderdanlewis@gmail.com> wrote:

anne-ology wrote:

         If it shows how to maintain the font style when adding text to
each
subsequent slide,
             I'd very much appreciate seeing your presentation.

         Thank you.

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 7:46 PM, Dan <elderdanlewis@gmail.com> wrote:

       Is there some way, while in Impress, to make the desired font the

default for that particular file? It's so frustrating to have to
continually re-apply the text's font.
       I like to use differing fonts but within any one file, I want to
use
the same font.

--Anne-ology

       This had been added to another email thread, so I have created a
new
one with this.
       Anne: I have a slide presentation that looks rather closely to
how
Impress works. At one time it was based on the Getting Started with
Impress. If you want me to send it to you I will. It is 1.3 MB. It
discusses using styles which allows you to define what font you want to
use
for each style. For example, I used the style "Title" for the heading
of
all of my slides. All the slide headings have Bitstream Vera Sans Bold
Italic Size 44. By changing the font and its characteristics in the
"Title"
style, I change all of this for every slide heading at one time.

--Dan