In previous cases i think it's usually turned out to be a corrupted file.

1.  So, can you create a copy of the file as it is so that if anything else goes wrong with it then
at least you have this new back-up?
2.  Are there older versions of the file that you can go back to?
3.  Are you also having troubles with other files or is it just this one?

4.  It's vaguely possible that it's your install of LibreOffice.  1st thing is to rename your
user-profile to see if that changes anything useful
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/UserProfile
Any better yet?

5.  If you go to
Tools - Options - Memory
then you can boost the amount of memory that LO can use for various things.  It's defaults are
quite low because LibreOffice is often used on far lower-spec machines than yours.

6.  If you used the package manager to install then try it's "repair broken packages" feature.
However LibreOffice is an exception to the usual rule and it's often better to download LibreOffice
from "upstream" directly from the LibreOffice website rather than install a tweaked version from a
distro's repos.  Have you been able to check your download was ok?  Md5sum or Sha should
be easy to check but if not (if, like me, you don't know how to) then perhaps just re-download and
re-install.

7.  Can you try an earlier version of LibreOffice?  The 3.5.7 would be a good one to try.  The
higher that 3rd digit the more stable the release tends to be.  Usually past x.x.4 the difference
is fairly minor and the 3.6.x branch has already reached a high enough 3rd digit for it to be
unlikely to have any problems.  The advantage of the newer branch is better compatibility with MS
formats and greater functionality.  Neither of those sounds important for you right now though.

8.  Someone with more knowledge of LO than me is likely to give a better answer soon if not already
but my list is roughly what i would do in the order i would do it.

Until then good luck and please let us know how this goes
Good luck and regards from