Thanks :)

Hmm, that vanishing images problem kinda sounds familiar! :(  It was discussed on the Documentation
Team's mailing list a couple of years ago so i have CC'd this email to them as they found a good
work-around.

I found that bumping up the memory settings seemed to help a bit
Tools - Options - Memory
but mostly the problem seemed to vanish when i had saved the images in the same folder as the
document, or in a sub-folder as would happen with html pages.  I was never completely sure if the
main answer was having the document and images on my local desktop rather than some on the network
and some on the file-server.  The problem eventually disappeared for me but i was never entirely
certain why.

The issue is a long-running bug that really seems to be a collection of bugs each of which has the
same final outcome but each having very different causes with different variables.  The Docs Team
managed to pin-down 1 specific instance and that seemed to get fixed.  Another problem is that the
bug(s) is/are very rare and difficult to reproduce so it's difficult to pin anything down.  After
it almost magically stopped misbehaving  on my own machine i could not get it to happen again on
any machine at work :(   (or should that be a smiley rather than a frown?)