Hi.
I just reinstalled Java from the official installer via the java.com Web site.  Access Bridge lists
itself as being enabled in the ease of access section, and yet Libo 4.0.5 did not have any
accessibility using the latest release candidate of NVDA.
I went to the Install Java Access Bridge option from the window-eyes program group and, after
running their JAB installer, found that accessibility was restored.
I contacted GW Micro to ask if their installer is doing anything differently, and they told me that
it may be installing it in some additional folders beyond what the Java installer is doing.  Can
anybody confirm this?  In other words, does installing Java via the java.com installer allow Libo
to work with NVDA?  Perhaps the Libreoffice developers could find out what GW Micro's installer is
doing and replicate this behavior when the user enables the assistive technology support checkbox.

David Goldfield
Computer Technology Instructor
919 Walnut Street
4th Floor
Philadelphia, PA  19107

215-627-0600 ext 3277
FAX:  215-922-0692

mailto:dgoldfie@asb.org
http://www.asb.org

Serving Philadelphia's and the nation's blind and visually impaired population since 1874.