The linked-to thread seems to only have 1 post?  It links to a Nabble thread that also only has 1
post.

I think there is a bit of confusion here.  Whichever system you use to make posts they all go into
the same back-end.  Then whichever front-end people use they all get to see all those messages that
are stored in the backend.  This means you can view the list and post to the list using Nabble as
the front-end but people using GMane or normal emails also get to see all those posts (and are able
to respond using their front-end).

This whole back-end - front-end thing really confuses a lot of people.  It's one of the main
blockers that prevents people from realising just how much easier it would be to use Base instead
of Calc (or Access instead of Excel (if you don't mind the vendor lock-in)) for all sorts of
things.  Ideally people would use Base instead of Excel, obviously, but that is 2 hurdles to cross.
 Just lately i got into Ssh'ing and that uses the term "server", vs "client" to mean much the same
thing
server ~ back-end
client ~ front-end
Of course it's not quite that simple but it helped me understand it.