Hi,

Many thanks for all the replies.

I'm away for the next few days, so I'll try the suggestions out when I get
back and let you know how I go.

Noel
--
Noel Lodge
lodgemn@gmail.com

On 2 July 2012 18:32, Tom Davies <tomdavies04@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Hi :)
Lol, that does make a big difference.  Continuity is important.  I have
just seen too many people start trying to write something new purely
because they didn't realise other companies may have similar issues to deal
with.  Even trying to re-write accountancy principles to suit themselves,
making the finance director's and the accountant's life hell for no reason.

From: Marion & Noel Lodge <lodgemn@gmail.com>
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Date: Sunday, 1 July, 2012, 11:11

I'm writing an accounting application and on the data entry Form I use a
macro to automatically fill in fields for regular recurring entries,
e.g. a
payment of a Gas or Electricity bill.  This speed up the data entry a
lot,
as usually the only fields that need changing are the Date and Amount
fields.  Then I use the following code to position the cursor in the
Amount
field :-

*Sub SetCursor(ThisComponent as Object, ControlName as String)
    Dim oControl        AS Object
    Dim oController     AS Object
    Dim oControlView    AS Object

    oControl      = oFormTransHeader.getByName(ControlName)
    oController  = oControl.Parent.Parent.Parent.CurrentController
    oControlView = oController.GetControl(oControl)
    oControlView.SetFocus()
End Sub

*This works well, but what I haven't been able to work out is how to
highlight the Amount field so that the user can then type in the new
amount
over the top of the existing amount.  The user could just type Ctrl + A,
but I'm trying to reduce key strokes to as few as possible.

I've looked for code that would send Ctrl + A to the form, but drew a
blank
on that.
I've also xRayed *oControlView*, but there doesn't seem to be any method
there that does highlighting either.

Can anyone point me to a solution?

Thanks,

Noel