Part of the question is how to get hold of that code.

I guess it might make sense to get one button set-up that way, get to the
code for it and modify that code.  Then the question would be how to roll
it out across many machines.

Is it possible to write a button as an Extension?  Could an Extension be
rolled out across multiple machines without requiring user intervention?
Would this be better done through the xcu(?) registry thing in Windows?

On 15 April 2014 13:33, Alex McMurchy
<mcmurchy1917-libreoffice@yahoo.co.uk>wrote:

I add new menubars/toolbars and button via the menu

Tools -> Customise

The code behind the button would have already been written as a macro.

However, Rajiv explicitly states that he wants to

add a functionality to it without using customizing toolbar

If that's the case it would be a question on the developers list.
Alternatively get the code and debug what happens to an existing button.

Alex

On Tuesday 15 Apr 2014 10:24:20 Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
Sorry you are not getting any answers from this mailing list!  I guess
none
of us know.  Please could you try asking on the Ask LO thing?
http://ask.libreoffice.org/en/questions/

There are also mailing lists for various different languages and also
many
3rd party sites can help with LibreOffice now.  Since you are in India
you
might find this project;
http://www.spoken-tutorial.org/
enormously helpful.  They even have their own forums.

Given how long you have been waiting for an answer and given that you
question is quite technical i would ask in 3 or maybe even 4 different
places and maybe link between them when you get a good answer, if you
have
the time.   This tactic helps spread the knowledge further.

Apols and regards from
Tom :)