Tom,

Issue with Calc were one of the reasons that the ESC is moving directly to a 4.2.2 release.

Grab the current TinderBox build of LODev 4.2.3 and install that to see if it has corrected
behavior with your corrupted formulas.
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/libreoffice-4-2/Win-x86@42/current/

Most of the patches applied there will be in the upcoming 4.2.2 posting.

Stuart