I try to sometimes but i guess i could try more often.  It negates one of the advantages of
top-posting and sometimes when i have tried this it has led to other flame-wars about what is good
trimming and what isn't.  Also i'm not sure that appeasing the bullies would be a good idea.
Giving ground encourages them to push more.

I do like using the Nabble interface when i get the chance and i hope that helps with the issue for
the non-bullies that may also be affected.