It is the way it is meant to work.

I'm sure there is some option when you sign-up to the lists but it's obscure.  As you point out you
can see your own post through Nabble and there is another way for viewing the lists, something like
GMane, but i've not used that method.

Btw thanks for the apology but this list is used to things going a bit wonky for people as it might
be the first time they have ever used mailing lists