With OpenFormula now supported in LibreOffice, I suspect that will be the basis for
interoperability among ODF 1.2 producers and consumers.  Microsoft participated in the
stabilization of OpenFormula on the OASIS ODF Technical Committee and it will be interesting to see
how that emerges in future support of ODF in Microsoft Office.  I believe Gnumeric is already lined
up, or it shortly will be.

I just saw mention of the possibility of supporting OpenFormula as part of the ODF Toolkit in
conjunction with it being proposed as an Apache incubator project.  That could be a great basis for
a reference implementation and also a way of assessing conformance and interoperability.

There have been no proposals for a macro language at the ODF TC, whether for Spreadsheets or any of
the other formats.  One problem is to figure out what would be the API between a macro language and
a Document Object Model that is at an appropriate ODF level of abstraction.  It is an interesting
challenge.  I have no idea where such a proposal will come from.

 - Dennis