I just install LibreOffice.  Then go to
Tools - Options - Java
or the newer path is
Tools - Options - Advanced
and make sure the top tick-box is UNticked so that no java is being used anywhere.  It lists all
the instances of Java on my machine which is handy, because if there are any then i just uninstall
them.

If an Extension or anything needs java then a pop-up should appear telling me it can't do whatever.
 I can then choose whether to try to re-enable java and retry the Extension or wizard or whatever
or to find a different way of achieving the result i want.  Since i don't have Java on any Windows
machine i tend to go with the latter approach.

I've not been aware of having Java problems in LibreOffice, or maybe i have just forgotten but i
just steer well clear now anyway jic.