Tom,

I'm not asking you to snitch, all this is public record. I just believe
that no one from the FSF is contributing to LibreOffice under this
specific affiliation, but I may be wrong.

As for Red Hat, Canonical et al: they're officially involved in the
development of LibreOffice and are sponsors as well.

Best,

Charles.

Le Mon, 2 Dec 2013 10:08:41 +0000,
Tom Davies <tomcecf@gmail.com> a écrit :

Hi :)
Errr, i didn't mean to "drop anyone in it" or snitch or anything.  We
see people from other supporter organisations too, such as people with
Redhat addresses or SuSE ones.  I'm fairly sure i've even seen posts
from people with a Canonical address.  The point was that it feels
more like they really are supporters if they are directly involved in
the day-to-day.

If there is no neutral 3rd party organisation actively promoting ODF
then it falls to each individual or each individual company to do a
bit and i think that is kinda working.  Perhaps not quite as well as
some would like but it's still improving on the position 3-4 years
ago.  People seem less shocked when they get a format they are
unfamiliar with.

On 2 December 2013 09:32, Charles-H. Schulz
<charles.schulz@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
Le Mon, 2 Dec 2013 09:21:08 +0000,
Tom Davies <tomcecf@gmail.com> a écrit :

Hi :)
It feels like a lot of the sponsors and supporters of TDF (or
anything else for that matter) do a lot of work at such a high
level or so far outside of the immediate organisation that very
few people inside the organisation really realise they are
involved at all.

Well... I think the awareness is there. We talk to the FSF, we are
at the OASIS, we are part of OSI, etc.

On these LibreOffice mailing lists we see people with FSF email
addresses actively helping along the same lines as everyone else
here.

Who? - seriously, I'd be interested to know if the FSF is here
helping users or otherwise contributing: it's rather far-fetched
from their work.

On a side-issue, it often makes sense for the people who make a
thing to be the promoters of it.  Since ODF Alliance seems pretty
much dead now then maybe OASIS could take on that functionality?
OASIS are already an established neutral 3rd party and even though
MS are a member they are only 1 member amongst 5,000.  On the
other hand i am really beginning to like the idea of just carrying
on doing a bit of ODF promotion from within the various companies
that use it.

Yes indeed. The OASIS only produces/develops ODF. There was an ODF
adoption TC that attempted to coordinate promotion activities on ODF
but it folded one year ago or less, and that's not coming back I'm
afraid.

Best,

Charles.