Ok, the point i was making about Firefox was exactly as you stated.  "Free" was
not used as a usp.  Firefox was sold on it's quality.

Our product is also a better quality product than the one produced by those
wonderful people at Richmond so why use a usp that has counted against us in my
country, and the USA?  Since it is a contra-intuitive concept i think it is
vital that we are aware that using the concept of "free" as a usp will cut us
out of significant markets in a fairly permanent way.

Being Libre and free are things we can be rightly proud of BUT it just confuses
people that have not already 'bought into' OpenSource.  At best it makes it much
harder for those of us that want to make inroads into those corporate desktops.

However, feel free to ignore me and lets see if we can manage another 0% growth
in those markets in another 10 years.
'Regards' from
Tom