Ouch!  I'm glad we have managed to avoid saying it sucks!  (oops)

I was really hoping the sensible way would work.  Ideally i had imagined copying the old
user-profile all around the place and then installing the newer LO so that 'a few' (hopefully not
too many) settings might get changed or added.  I'm sure it has worked for me but i haven't been
taking much notice tbh.

Mostly i just reconfigure whichever machine i happen to be hot-desking on but not in a structured
and planned way.  I've noticed users who complain about a thing not being set a certain way tend to
set it back after i take the trouble to set it up the way they said they wanted.  So, i tend to set
things the way i prefer on my logins and leave them to it.  I need to be more organised though.
The xcu thing looks interesting.