request for vacation

Dear board,

next week, I'd like to attend LinuxTag in Berlin, and therefore would like to file a request for vacation for four days: from Tuesday, May 21st to Friday, May 24th.

There are two more events in the future I'd like to attend where I also plan to file a request for vacation, as soon as I know the exact travel dates.

One is the LibreOffice Conference, where I estimatedly plan to be from Monday, September 23rd to Friday, September 27th.

The other event is CONSEGI in Brazil, where I estimatedly plan to be from Monday, August 12th, to Friday, August 16th. Note that August 15th is a public holiday.

For the latter two events, I will file my concrete request in time when I have the exact travel dates, but for LinuxTag, if there are no objections, I'd like to ask Thorsten to file that accordingly with the payroll provider.

Thank you very much,
Florian

Hi :slight_smile:
Doesn’t that count as TDF sending you to a conference? Therefore it’s part of your job to attend these sorts of things? Presumably some of the time you might be working with other projects or your own things rather than representing TDF all the time so only the regular hours count, not 24/7.

I’m just curious tbh.
Regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

Florian Effenberger wrote:

next week, I'd like to attend LinuxTag in Berlin, and therefore
would like to file a request for vacation for four days: from
Tuesday, May 21st to Friday, May 24th.

Of course!

I'd like to ask Thorsten to file that accordingly with the payroll
provider.

Will do if I don't hear objections until Wednesday.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten

Hi Tom,

Doesn't that count as TDF sending you to a conference? Therefore it's
part of your job to attend these sorts of things? Presumably some of
the time you might be working with other projects or your own things
rather than representing TDF all the time so only the regular hours
count, not 24/7.

I'm hired by TDF on a part-time basis for managing the infrastructure. Attending trade shows and events isn't part of my job description, so I do that in my spare time or, like for the LinuxTag that lasts several days, in my vacation.

Florian

I wrote:

> I'd like to ask Thorsten to file that accordingly with the payroll
> provider.

Will do if I don't hear objections until Wednesday.

No objections, so this is approved - see you in Berlin! :slight_smile:

Kind regards,