Hi Tom

I see for you it works, but the method I am talking about has always been my mentioned process in ALL other version of word processors. As you indicate, you like it this way, and probably have many years of experience in word processing, and have adapted and adopted the way it works for you.

I have found newbies, and those not computer literate, but are able to operate an app quite proficiently, don't like it at all, especially when trying to migrate them from MSO ot other Office suites. My wife who is a very proficient MSO user, does not like using LO Writer as it does not do certain things she is used to in MSO.

These are all hindrances for an effective migration to LO from a closed source payware world, the comment is the same from laymen "can it do this, No, then thanks but no thanks, I'll stay with what I know, and can work with". With all respect, it is the users/laymen that dictate a success or failure of an app or suite of apps. And I personally like the way MSO does it too, so a hindrance, especially as I mentioned when one is working with many images. Once the images are placed, and self sorted one below the other, it's still in the users ability and the app, to relocate and move the images around.

Yes this behaviour has changed in LO, but not sure when and with which version. OOo and AOO do it this way, as well as MSO has always done it this way. So yes it's possibly a feature request, or a bug fix, we'll have to find out from the dev's when and if this changed.

Regards

On 26/07/2013 10:23 AM, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)I had not really noticed that because it was what i expected anyway.  I kinda like it this way because i
right-click one pic go to "picture" change the size, anchor point, wrap, maybe add a url to make it
clickable.  Then drag it away and grab the next pic.  So, i like it because i know where all the pics are and
it help me track which i have done and which i haven't.

There might be some mileage in working out how to use "position" in the same dialogue-box to move
the pic to roughly the right position, or even exactly right spot if i ever knew that in advance.

Has this behaviour changed in LO recently?  If it's always been like this then it's a feature
request isn't it?  Otherwise it's a bug report and might help to find out which version changed the
behaviour?