Even if you are a dev it's still good to have a report to work from (i guess, tbh i don't really
know but i likel being able to tick things off when i've completed something).

If you have no experience writing for LO and would like to start then it might be best to start
with a couple of "Easy Hacks" and see what kind of response you get.  I think there is some sort of
Mentoring thing going on that might help you expand your skills sideways into LO-land more easily.
Another route mgiht be to write a small Extension and see how that goes.  Diving straight in might
be tempting but might not end up being faster at all.