Wow!  That worked.  It was even selected by default, as one would expect, so that it's only the
seelceted area that would get searched by default.

Thanks and regards from

Date:     Sat, 08 Jun 2013 18:02:09 +0800
From:     Kevin Suo / 锁琨珑 <suokunlong@gmail.com>
To:     Tom Davies <tomdavies04@yahoo.co.uk>

Hi Tom,

I see from you screenshot that your cells selected are all empty. I
tried and found that if selected some cells with no value, the "current
selection only" option is really greyed out, but if you select some
cells with value (even only one cell has value), that option is available.

You may try it by yourself.

Best Regards,

Kevin Suo from China.

于 06/08/2013 05:40 PM, Tom Davies 写道:
Hi ) I think i have selected a few cells in this blank spreadsheet
and still got the option greyed-out?  Possibly i've done something
wrong. Could also be that i haven't got experimental features
switched on or that i've got something else wrong with my settings.
I might try renaming my user profile later if you think it looks like
i am trying the right sort of thing. Regards from Tom :)

*From:* Kevin Suo / 锁琨珑 <suokunlong@gmail.com>
*To:* Tom Davies <tomdavies04@yahoo.co.uk> *Cc:*
"users@global.libreoffice.org" <users@global.libreoffice.org> *Sent:*
Saturday, 8 June 2013, 3:03 *Subject:* Re: [libreoffice-users] LO
Calc - Find in a column

You are welcome. That option is greyed when there is no selection of
cells.

Kevin Suo Beijing, China.

06/07/2013 05:44 PM, Tom Davies:
Hi :) Thanks but that option was greyed out for me so i didn't
notice it. Regards from Tom :)

  *From:* Suo Kunlong <suokunlong@gmail.com