Yes, deleting your User Profile does force LibreOffice to generate a new one next time you open
LibreOffice.  The new one has all the default settings that could be considered "factory defaults"
so it's the fastest way to get your version of Libreoffice "back to factory defaults".

However, we usually recommend using "rename" instead of "delete".  This allows us to revert back to
the old settings if the renaming didn't solve the current problem.  if it did solve the problem
then it might be possible to copy&paste some settings back into the new profile and/or even
pinpoint exactly where the problem arose (although many of us just don't have time for that sort of
thing and just take the win)
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/UserProfile

Note that your user profile contains your gallery, templates, extensions and other settings and
configurations so deleting the user-profile might mean losing something you wanted to keep.
Renaming keeps everything intact (just a little harder to reach).