I don't think it's really possible.  If you do manage it then the saving on drive-space and other
resources is almost minimal.  LibreOffice is much more tightly integrated than MS Office and really
doesn't work the same way at all.

It's not a collection of different programs but is instead a central core with different surfaces
added on top.  When using the different surfaces we think of them as different programs.  We call
the different surfaces "modules" and one module is "Writer".

If you want 2 programs that are compatible with LibreOffice and use both the Doc/DocX type formats
of MSO and the ODFs of everyone else (plus recent versions of MSO now) then you might like "Gnome
Office"
http://www.abisource.com/
https://projects.gnome.org/gnumeric/
Note that both together might have a smaller foot-print than LO or anything else but Gnumeric is
possibly better than Excel or Calc in many ways.  Operating Systems designed for tiny or ancient
machines often include them instead of LO but so do OSes that want to be very fast and light.