Hmm, i was really meaning the wider community rather than just people on this list.  With the rapid
growth of LibreOffice it is highly likely that most people who have LibreOffice on their system are
new to LibreOffice.

Advice about migrations from FSF and other FOSS advocates often seems to suggest keeping whatever
office suite a person already has and just add LO (or AOO).  Also because uninstalling&reinstalling
MS products is such a pain or because most office workers  have no idea how to uninstall stuff a
lot of stuff just stays on the machine whether people use it or not.  For longer-term users  those
versions of MSO might be quite ancient, such as MS Office 2003 or earlier, because we haven't
bothered to upgrade it.  [shrugs]

Recently OEMs have started putting trial versions of MSO on machines so that people have to pay an
additional amount a month or so after starting to use their new machine but in the past it was
really difficult to find and buy a machine that didn't have MSO pre-installed.