On 06/07/2011 08:54 AM, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
I thought that you could have different paragraphs (or smaller elements) set as
a different language in Word or Writer.
Regards form
Tom :)

The problem was the last time I used Word, I could not spell check any non-English document I was trying to deal with when I had to type in a Spanish document from the books the teacher had, so the students would have some more work after the work the teacher provided ran out and they needed more work to do.

The key is "easy way" to spell check a Spanish paragraph or section withing a English document. The easier it is, and the more languages you can use without having to buy extra stuff [like a Spanish version of MSO], the better the teachers, the students, and the school's budget will like it. That is why I loved to see the language packs were all you needed to download so you could have a single package that could use several different languages for the menus, and as many other languages that can be spell checked that is not the language used for the menu. Keeping the lab computers set with Windows, and having the ability to spell check all the languages being taught in school is something the users of the labs would like a lot. Now if only the kids would not be able to switch the menus from English.