Hi Tom,

At 14:44 26-7-2011, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :) Can you post a bug-report about it? http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport

Sure.

Perhaps add "[wishlist]" to the subject-line?

OK, I did not know that tag existed.

I think post the bug-report now rather than leaving it. Any small improvement in accessibility should be a priority in my opinion. Sometimes the defaults are not really thought about and are easy to change which helps new devs learn how to do coding :) A good win for everyone.

Is there a down-side to having Pdfs tagged by default? What does the tagged option do?

"Tagged PDF contains information about the structure of the document contents. This can help to display the document on devices with different screens, and when using screen reader software. " (<http://help.libreoffice.org/Common/Export_as_PDF#Tagged_PDF>)

Exporting an inaccessible document as "tagged PDF" may give people the impression that a document is accessible when they do only a superficial check (e.g. Adobe Reader's so-called accessibility check only checks whether the PDF is tagged or not). I would also want to avoid that authors get the false idea that checking "tagged PDF" is all they need to do to produced accessible PDF. (Although I doubt that changing the default setting will make a difference to this type of authors.)

Best regards,

Christophe

Regards from Tom :)