       Since I've been using gmail since I got 'fed up' with the ISP's
philosophy -
           (our only option here; I'll be dropping it as soon as there's an
alternative) -
       I have not noticed anything hidden ... well, each e-mail does need
to be opened, but isn't that true of any e-mail program  ???  ;-)   ;-)
;-)

       To what are you apologizing; I have not seen anything but good
advice/thoughts sent by you.

From: Tom Davies <tomcecf@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] email notifications
To: anne-ology <laginnis@gmail.com>
Cc: "users@global.libreoffice.org" <users@global.libreoffice.org>

Hi :)
Yep.  Probably.  I think the brain-dead email client idea might have a
lot to do with that too although GMail doesn't entirely hide the sig
like that.  Maybe it used to.

I didn't mean to have a go at you earlier btw.  It's just that it can
be really annoying to answer a question that already has the answer
built in.  So it can help to spot why the fat-finger problem occurs so
often and that we are already doing all we can to avoid it.
Apols and regards from
Tom :)

On 3 December 2013 15:31, anne-ology <laginnis@gmail.com> wrote:

       And that explains why some e-mails come through with numerous
endings
;-)

       I think I may be the only one who actually deletes these before
sending a reply ...

       me - an editor ... well, I guess that too is from the horse 'n
buggy
era, huh  ;-)

From: Tom Davies <tomcecf@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 9:13 AM
To: anne-ology <laginnis@gmail.com>
Cc: Cormac Terry <cormacadt@gmail.com>, "users@global.libreoffice.org"
<users@global.libreoffice.org>

Hi :)
I think extremely few people ever bother to read the signatures at the
bottom of emails.  Usually it's just some disclaimer that looks like a
load of waffly nonsense.  That ours are quite useful is so rare that
people don't bother.

On 3 December 2013 14:54, anne-ology <laginnis@gmail.com> wrote:

       Have you read to the bottom of these e-mails ... the links are
always there  ;-)

       In order to receive these e-mails, you must have 'subscribed' at
some point; therefore it's not spam  ;-)

From: Cormac Terry <cormacadt@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Subject: [libreoffice-users] email notifications
To: users@global.libreoffice.org

How do I opt-out of getting [users@global.libreoffice.org] user emails?
I don't see any options in any of the emails I'm getting.
Doesn't this make it spam mail? or in violation of the can-spam laws?
sincerely,
Cormac Terry