+1

I've not had any bad experiences myself, so far, and not heard as many grumbles as we normally get
here when a x.x.0 comes out.  Apparently AskLO has had a bit more than us but not as much as they
were expecting either.  However i almost never use Impress anyway and haven't tried the 4.0.0 one
at all.

The week of QA and bug-fixing a few weeks before release of the new branch was a smart idea!  I
really liked that and think it might be good as a regular event before a new branch comes out.
Doing it before every sub-point release might scare people off and is not so important.  Perhaps
before the x.x.3 or 4 to catch the branch halfway through?

More people routinely using the beta-test versions would be good and i think we can promote doing
that a bit more on this list now that this is becoming more of an "advanced users" mailing list
with real noobs being more attracted  to AskLO and the proper forums.  I might move over there
myself in the next few weeks.