Is it only Calc that crashes?  Does Writer also crash?  How about programs that are not
LibreOffice?  We-browser?

Frequent crashing just in LibreOffice (but maybe in web-browsers too) often seems to be caused by
having a  bad version of Java.  Finding a good version or even a good-enough one is not trivial.
Last i heard the entire Java 7 series is worth avoiding.  Blind or partially sighted users or
anyone else using a screen-reader seems to be being recommended Java 6u41 on Windows or 6_41 on
Gnu&Linux.  There is also openJava which is likely to be a lot better even though it is owned by
the makers of normal Java.  At least openJava has a good community keeping it out of so much
trouble.

If it's other programs too then perhaps a graphics card that needs pushing back in firmly or
perhaps a cooling issue.  I had to hoover the inside of my case fairly recently to get rid of the
dust that was blocking the airflow from the fans.  Take great care if you go that route!  Plastic
nozzle's have way more static than you would need if you wanted to fry pretty much every chip on
the mbord!

However i would guess that it is probably Java.  Do you know which version LibreOffice is trying to
use?
Tools - Options - Java
Are other versions listed in there?