I do not use the quickstarter options at all.

I think after the install, it take time to setup some things on the system, that is needed for a first time use for a new install.

LO use to be 5 or even 10 times slower on my quad Linux system, back in the 3.4 and 3.5 days. Now it is speedy to launch. 3.6.x and 4.0.1 were slower on the old AMD 3500 and 3000 32-bit systems, than the 3.4 install that was on them. It all depends on 32/64 bit and system resources. Less than 1 GB of RAM can can be really slow and dragging sometimes. I have had so many apps running sometimes, that I make my quad act like an old/slow Pentium 4 system. That is why I needed what I have. The need to have several type of graphics package, LO, Firefox, Thunderbird, and some other packages running at the same time for some of my projects.

On 04/04/2013 07:46 AM, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
LibreOffice does seem very slow to open, especially first time after a reboot.  Same on Gnu&Linux
tbh.  The Quickstarter does speed it up a bit but it's the 2nd or subsequent times that it is a lot
less slow.  Even then it is slow but is well worth waiting for.  Much better quality documents.