I have two ideas.

1. Highlight the categories, so it is easy to tell where the category starts and ends.
2. Allow some input box so you could type some substring of the characters' names and get
    all matching characters.  For example, if you typed equal, all characters with equal
    in the name would be listed.  (I do not know if the names are i*18n or not.).

I also have a related question.  Is the some way to sort using  LC_COLLATE=C,
that is, the ASCII character set, rather than en_US.ISO8859-15 or something
similar?

Best regards,

David Gast