I think it would usually be this list, or it's equivalent, in most OpenSource projects but here we
don't often run into that type of problem.  Usually if that sort of thing goes wrong it's on Bsd
rather than Gnu&Linux.   LO isn't really coded for Bsd although the differences are slight.  I
think there is a slightly modified version for Bsder's and apparently they have their own lists and
stuff.  I think TDF's devs are usually able to point people in the right direction or just fix it.

From: spam.spam.spam.spam@free.fr <spam.spam.spam.spam@free.fr>
step
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Date: Sunday, 5 August, 2012, 14:01

Hello,

I got an error while building LibreOffice from source code in the configure step:
$ tar xvf libreoffice-core-3.6.0.4.tar.xz
$ cd libreoffice-core-3.6.0.4
$ ./configure --prefix=/usr
[...]
checking which zlib to use... ./configure: line 22518: syntax error near unexpected token
`MINIZIP,'
./configure: line 22518: `        libo_MINGW_CHECK_DLL(MINIZIP, libminizip)'

My operating system is a GNU/Linux OS with:
-automake (GNU automake) 1.11.1
-autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.68
-libtool (GNU libtool) 2.4
-m4 (GNU M4) 1.4.16