Thank you very much Furusho !

Best,

Jomar
-----Original Message-----
From: Vitorio Furusho <furusho@openoffice.org>
Sender: broffice@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 12:01:21
To: <discuss@documentfoundation.org>
Subject: Re: [tdf-discuss] Introduction

Hello everyone,

Jomar I know there are more than five years and have worked together to
establish the Open Document Format ODF in all of Brazil.

He was the leading creator of the Brazilian standard NBR ISO 26300 ODF and
ODF Brasilia Protocol.

It has motivated and encouraged the creation of several draft laws and
laws about
ODF in several state in Brazil.

Your participation as an activist of ODF and Open Source in Brazil has
contributed to significant advances.

It is an excellent professional and mostly voluntary in the spread of ODF and
Open Source in Brazil.

Welcome.

Best wishes,

Vitorio Furusho
http://softwarelivre.org/furusho
http://paper.li/vfurusho
@ vfurusho

PS Sorry my English is poor, I used Google

2011/7/12 Jomar Silva <homembit@gmail.com>

Hi everyone,

I'm Jomar Silva from Brazil and I'm a OOo codebase user since the
90's, the good'n'old Star Office.

I'm a member of the OASIS ODF TC since 2008, and also Brazilian expert
at JTC1 / SC34 / WG6 (the group that handles ODF inside ISO). Also
since 2007 I'm ahead of the ODF Alliance Latin America, and I've been
talking (and writing) about ODF since them. I had the opportunity to
talk about ODF to an audience bigger than 10.000 people in more than 5
countries the past years, and I really believe that a FLOSS is the key
for the ODF standard adoption worldwide.

My blog (www.homembit.com) has some good information about ODF and
OpenStandards, and also the full history about OpenXML at ISO (yes, I
was 'inside the room' at the BRM in Geneva).

I decided to join the TDF and work with you to build LibreOffice.

I developed C/C++ software during almost 10 years, but my programming
skills are a little bit rusted right now (and I want to put that rust
out soon). I can also help you with the translations and localization
efforts to Brazilian Portuguese, with QA and marketing.

I'm also member of the Apache OpenOffice project.

Everything I'll write here are my personal opinions only and do not
represent the opinions or positions from companies or organizations
that I may be working with.

Cheers from Brazil,

Jomar

deleted