I changed to a new master slide and it works fine now, thanks!

On Mon, 2021-05-24 at 15:43 -0400, Cuyahoga Falls wrote:
I understand, but keep in mind that Templates are not quite the same
as Master Slides. You can select a Template when you are creating a
new presentation, and to be sure, the Template will contain one or
more Master Slides.
But, once you've created a presentation, you can still change the
Master Slide which controls the way the slide appears. "Metropolis"
is both a Template and a Master Slide. You get to the Master Slides
through the "Sidebar" which should be visible on the right side of
your screen. If it isn't, click on "View", "Sidebar" to make it show
up. The Sidebar contains all sorts of controls under various sub-
menus called "Properties", "Slide Transition", "Animation", "Master
Slide", "Styles", and so on.
If you click on the Master Slide icon on the Sidebar, you should see
an array of available Master Slides. The ones you have available may
depend on your particular installation, OS, etc. On my Windows
machine, for any given presentation, I can choose from about 29
different Master Slides, some of which I created, and others that
came with my particular LO installation. I didn't have to download
any additional templates.
With any given slide showing, you can left click on an available
Master Slide, and that MS will immediately be applied to the showing
slide. You can select a different Master Slide for each slide of your
presentation. Or, if you prefer, you can right click on an available
Master Slide, and select "Apply to All Slides." In your situation, as
a way to troubleshoot your presentation, I would select a different
Master Slide for each of your slides in the presentation. I would
then export the presentation as a PDF and then transfer and open it
on an Apple device. I would expect some of your slides to be properly
displayed and others to be messed up. I would then make a note of the
Master Slides that worked and those that didn't.
Good luck.
Virgil
On 5/24/2021 2:14 PM, Daffy Duck wrote:

Thanks.

I did download some templates

https://dohliam.github.io/libreoffice-impress-templates/

But most of them don't seem to work?

On Mon, 2021-05-24 at 17:21 +0000, Virgil Arrington wrote:

Yeah,I don't think changing the font will fix it. I would try
changing the Master Slide to something other than Metropolis. You
can apply different Master Slides to different slides and see
which ones work with Apple devices.

Virgil

From: Virgil Arrington <cuyfalls@hotmail.com>
Date: 5/19/21 4:10 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: Daffy Duck <suffsuccotash@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: [libreoffice-users] Libreoffice impress
presentation - metropolis - exported as PDF, doesn't display
correctly on some devi

Metropolis is not a template. It is a Master Slide. You get to
Master Slides on the control panel on the right side of the
screen. There should be an array of available Master Slides.
Right click on one of them and you can apply it to all slides.

Virgil

From:               Daffy Duck
<suffsuccotash@gmail.com>
To:
users@global.libreoffice.org
Date sent:          Sun, 16 May 2021 18:27:18 -
0500

I made a presentation with impress, used
Metropolis theme.

I then exported it as PDF.

The problem is, some, when opening on such
things as iphones,
get the
text cut off, like the top part of the text
is not showing, etc.

Others, until they turn the phone sideways,
it doesn't display
the text
correctly.

How do I make sure the text looks correct for
all, or at least
most,
users on different devices?
Note an expert, but something you might try.
Open file, and go to File/Properties/Fonts
There are two check boxes for embedding fonts.
Don't know if either or both would make a
difference.
Might be some font that you used isn't included
on these
devices and they are using a different font
that throws
everything off?
Not sure why this isn't listed under the PDF
options as a
choice?
Had a spreadsheet I exported that had this
issue with
some fonts, and believe this fixed it? But it
was long ago..
Worth a try. Worst thing, it makes no
difference. File will
be bigger since fonts will be included.