You might have already tried this but it looks like you didn't mention it.  Can you download the
TDF's official version instead of using one from the repos?
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/?type=deb-x86&lang=en-GB

Annoyingly the main downloads page tries to give me the .Rpm instead of the .Deb but also it lets
you choose the more stable 3.4.6 instead of the 3.5.2.

This guide might help
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Installing_in_parallel
so that you have the new version independent of the old one.

I hope this helps!  Please let us know how it goes!