Thank you everybody

On 2022/06/07 12:04, Felmon Davis wrote:
On Tue, 7 Jun 2022, Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:

Good morning
For years Crtl+F and then entering entering numbers or words used to find those, if they are in the sheets somewhere.

For a few days now trying to find anything, numbers, digits, words ..., ALWAYS gives me "Search key not found", even if the item in question sits right in the middle of the screen.

I checked and saw that for some reason (I do not remember changing the setting) the "Search in" box was set to Formulas.
So, I corrected that. Nothing else had been selected among the options.
Still I had trouble finding things. Even in a newly created sheet with just two numbers, Calc refused to find the "111" I put somewhere.

Fiddling with other things, I tried changing the font in the column where I was looking for a name.
This had no effect.

I have no idea what brought this on, put trying other things I also did:
> I was looking for the name "Yamauchi"
> Search for Yama -> found a number of entries
> Adding one character at the time -> Yama+u+c+h+i resulting in the end in "Yamauchi"
> Finally Calc found the name I was looking for

I do NOT know what happened, but at least for now, things are back to normal.
BUT .. similar things did happen these few days.
If it happens again, I will report back here.

Otherwise .. THANK YOU everybody
and sorry for the commotion.
Thomas