As a workaround I could set up a second printer with the setting 2 pages per sheet.

But this doesn't answers why LibreOffice can't do it by itself - or even why LibreOffice sends a
PDF-File to cups - or how to setup up LibreOffice to send a PS-File to cups as default.

Mysterious... ;)

Regards

ToK

Am 31.12.2011 um 17:14 schrieb Thomas Knierim:

Hi again,

I've waited for some updates but it's still not ok!
Opensuse 12.1 doesn't has the problem, but I don't know why my favorite distribution (Archlinux)
still isn't able to print to side-by-side.

Does anybody know how to set up a printer using spadim. I always get the message, the filesystem
is read only....

PLEEEEEAAAAASE
does anybody know how to solve ONE of the problems?

ToK

Am 08.11.2011 um 19:32 schrieb Thomas Knierim:

Hi,

I mean to print two pages side by side. The problem is if I print two pages side by side the
printer hangs - with libreoffice only. Not with evince (gnome pdf viewer) for example. If I
switch the "printer language" from pdf to ps everything works fine... But I don't want to do it
for every job - and by the way: can ps send fonts to the printer? Does libreoffice send fonts to
the printer if the "printer language" is set to pdf?

regards

Thomas

Am 29.10.2011 um 17:05 schrieb webmaster for Kracked Press Productions:

The two pages per sheet issue.  You want to have them printed side by side? Or one page on one
side and the second page on the other side of the sheet?  Side by side printed out on a
landscape orientation works well, but it is a printer option.  Having the pages printed one on
each side of the sheet is a duplexing issue.  I have been having the same problem with
duplexing as well as others.

side by side printing
Print > Page Layout > Pages per sheet.
2 will print two page side by side.
IT works fine for me.  I prefer to have the option of bordering the pages, since it looks
better to me.

For duplex printing, I have to print it out as a PDF document and print it with the document
viewer with the duplex option, instead of printing it directly through LO.  LO just does not
"see" or adjust the duplex option on my Epson Artisan printer properly.

On 10/29/2011 10:47 AM, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
In your existing Arch could you just install a virtual machine and try out a few things in
there?  Alternatively create a new partition on a hard-drive and use that for experimentation.

You surely don't need to trash what you do have that is almost perfect in order to just try
something a little different!